About the Company:
GDS is an Australian leader in field support solutions. We’ve won multiple awards for our work and successfully delivered deployable force infrastructure solutions to the Australian Defence Force, Government Organisations and the Space Industry for over 25 years.
Our range of products are smart, safe, highly mobile and endlessly versatile; custom built to meet the unique requirements of every deployment.
What we can offer:
- Competitive remuneration
- Performance bonus scheme
- 9-day Fortnight plus early finish Fridays
- Bonus Annual Leave days
- Paid Reservists Leave
- Paid Volunteer Leave
- A supportive and flexible work environment
- EAP – Free counselling services
- A commitment to your professional development
We pride ourselves on our professional and positive workplace culture.
About the Position:
Reporting to the Production Manager, your main responsibilities will include:
- Operate High Frequency Welders, Digital Cutting Machines, Industrial Sewing Machines and more
- Manufacture textile parts and components to required specifications whilst maintaining accuracy and quality
- Review samples, drawings or instructions to understand specifications of output required
- Assist with the design and planning of new and existing product updates
- Take measurements and mark materials for cutting or shaping
- Plan the sequence of necessary actions for the completion of projects
- Monitor output to ensure consistency with specifications and minimal defects
- Perform routine machine maintenance and repair minor damages
- Adhere to all workplace health and safety procedures, company policies and internal processes.
We will consider all employment types: casual, part-time, or full-time contract.
Essential Qualifications and Skills Required:
- A willingness to learn
- An innovative problem solver
- A drive to deliver quality whilst meeting deadlines
- Exceptional attention to detail
- A collaborative team player with a can-do attitude
Desirable Qualifications and Skills:
- Prior experience with machine tools and industrial sewing machines
- Experience with frequency welders
- Knowledge in the operation of CNC Plotters, or a willingness to learn
- Demonstrated high-quality workmanship
- Ability to read engineering drawings and instructions
- Demonstrated ability to resolve machinery problems to minimise manufacturing interruptions
Express your interest via the form below.
All final applicants for this position will be asked to consent to a criminal record check and undergo a pre-employment medical. People with criminal records are not automatically barred from applying for this position – each application will be considered on its merits.