GDS is an Australian leader in field support solutions. We’ve won multiple awards for our work and successfully delivered deployable force infrastructure solutions to the Australian Defence Force, Government Organisations and the Space Industry for over 25 years.
Our range of products are smart, safe, highly mobile and endlessly versatile; custom built to meet the unique requirements of every deployment.
What we can offer:
- Competitive Renumeration
- Performance Bonus Scheme
- Bonus Annual Leave
- Paid Reservists Leave
- Paid Volunteer Leave
- A supportive and flexible work environment
- EAP – Free Confidential Counselling Services
- A commitment to your professional development
About the Role:
As a Fabricator/Fitter-Welder, you are responsible for producing quality GDS products. While your primary duties will encompass the facets of a Fabricator/Fitter-Welder, this position requires flexibility in your role to meet the needs of the business.
Tasks and Responsibilities will include:
- Reading technical drawings
- Assembling components
- Manipulating steel, and other materials by cutting, hammering, bending, or grinding
- Checking measurements and dimensions and ensuring materials made are to the correct specifications
- Creating templates for repetitive fabrication tasks
- Buffing, smoothing, filing and grinding metal surfaces
- Setting up and operating machinery including, rollers, drill press, flame cutters, brake press, and guillotine
- Troubleshooting and resolving machinery issues
- Adhering to all workplace, health, and safety procedures
Qualifications and Skills Required:
- Trade qualified Metal Fabricator or Fitter-Welder
- Stainless steel and aluminium welding experience
- Expert knowledge of fabrication tools and equipment
- Demonstrated ability to diversify across multiple facets of the trade
- Ability to read engineering drawings
- A drive to deliver quality whilst meeting deadlines
- Flexible thinking – ability to propose ways to do things differently
- Exceptional attention to detail
- A collaborative team player with a ‘can-do’ attitude
- Exceptional reliability and attendance
Apply now via the form below.
Applications Close: Friday 26 May 2023
All final applicants for this position will be required to undertake a pre-employment medical and asked to consent to a criminal record check. People with criminal records are not automatically barred from applying for this position – each application will be considered on its merits.